MaxScript Preview 0.1 (06/29/2002)
Copyright (c) 2002 by Borislav Petrov
eNLArge is a set of MAXScript
tools providing an interface to List Controllers for non-destructive,
multi-layer animation editing.
THIS NON-LINEAR ANIMATION?
Yes, more or less.
eNLArge provides a Channel Manager for Animation
eNLArge also provides a Channel Mixer, a graphical,
There are also plans for animation clips loading
: CHANNEL MANAGER:
eNLArge : Channel Manager provides a compact interface to the new weighted
List controllers in 3ds max 5.
- eNLArge works with the new Character Assembly
in 3ds max 5. It will recognize all animated tracks in all nodes of the
assembly and create a Base Channel for them automatically.
- You can quickly switch between all characters
in the scene using a drop-down list.
- You can pick a character from the scene with
the mouse using the [>] button
- You can select the current character in the
scene by pressing the [S] button.
- You can create any number of channels
(corresponding to sub-controllers in the List controller) for all animated
tracks. Entering a name in the text field before creating a new channel will
make it use that name. You can change the name anytime later.
- Selecting a channel in the list automatically
makes it the active channel - any animation keys will be placed on that
- Animating properties that are not yet
assigned to channels will create regular keys on the corresponding tracks.
Using the Animation>Assign Free Animation to Channel command, you can
assign such animation tracks to the current channel. This will also create
empty tracks for the other channels and thus make the newly added
tracks completely eNLArge-ready.
- You can rename channels anytime by entering a
new name and pressing the [Ren] button or selecting the Edit>Rename
command. Double-clicking an existing channel puts its name into the text
field for editing
- You can delete channels - you will be
prompted and all animation will be removed from the channel.
- Deleting all channels will remove the list
controller and copy the last channel's animation to the remaining
track. You can turn these tracks back to channels anytime.
- You can clone channels to create copies of
existing animation for additional tweaking or as reserve copies .
- You can control the Weight of each channel
- You can switch between Blend and Additive
mode based on the Average option of the new List Controllers in 3ds max
: CHANNEL MIXER:
eNLArge : Channel Mixer provides a
graphical interface to quickly adjust the timing of the channels.
- You can drag the channels with the mouse to
adjust the start and end frames at once.
- You can drag the right edge of the channel to
adjust the end time only.
- You can drag the left edge of the channel to
adjust the start time only.
- You can set the Start, End and Length of each
channel using the value spinners.
- Each channel has its own custom color for
easier visual navigation.
- The background grid can be set to any density
to provide visual representation of the frames
- A channel bar displays the animation range of
all List Sub-controllers belonging to the channel. This means that it
displays the range from the earliest to the latest key found in any of the
- You can edit the single sub-controllers in
TrackView manually. The length of the channel bars will be adjusted
respectively if necessary.
- Using the Zoom value, you can scale the time
display in and out.
- Snap to grid.
- Access to the Channel Weights from this
- Channels loading and saving
- Weight Mutiplier curve to enable clips in
their active range and turn off outisde the range.
- Transition falloff control.
v.0.1.5 - Implemented the basic Channel Mixer UI functionality.
v.0.1.1 - 0.1.4 - Implemented the basic Channel
v.0.0.1- first Graphical