Pulldown lists not working in 2014?

Hello all,
I have a script in MAX 2013 that uses a pulldown list to set the current animation range. In max 2014 this script is partially broken. The codeblock for the pulldown list is not being run as if the UI is not registering the change in list item. Is this a known issue and is there a work around?

I am using:

on ddl_range selected itm do (
  messageBox("wee")
)

ddl_range is defined earlier:

dropdownlist ddl_range items:#() height:55 width:200 pos:[23,0] --fieldHeight:44

Thanks!
-Greg

Comments

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
dimwalker's picture

I know what you did last summer, reapinwombat ;)

(
rollout test "test"(
	button bt_huh "?" across:3
	button bt_reg "+"
	button bt_unreg "-"
	dropdownlist ddl_test items:#("1", "2", "3")
	on ddl_test selected i do (
		format "You selected %\n" i
	)
	on bt_reg pressed do	(
		cui.RegisterDialogBar test 
		cui.DockDialogBar test #cui_dock_bottom
	)
	on bt_unreg pressed do	(
		try(cui.UnRegisterDialogBar test)catch()
	)
	on bt_huh pressed do	(
		format "% is selected\n" test.ddl_test.selected
	)
)
createdialog test
)

Run the script and try changing value in dropdownlist it should spam your choice in listener. Press "?" - it will show current selection. This is how it is supposed to work.

Now press "+" which will register and dock this rollout.
Try changing selection in dropdownlist. After registering the rollout it doesn't generate any events and stops the "You selected x" spamming.
"?" button shows last choice before registering and that value doesn't change no matter what I do.

That's it. Rollout is permanently broken now. Even if I unregister it(press "-") it still doesn't show correct selection.

Can someone please help?
max 2014 SP5

reapinwombat's picture

docked vs undocked...

So this code, when commented, causes the rollout to float--and then it works.

cui.RegisterDialogBar timerange style:#(#cui_dock_bottom,#cui_dock_top, #cui_floatable, #style_toolwindow)
cui.DockDialogBar timerange #cui_dock_bottom

Why does this no longer function docked in 2014 or how can I make it behave itself.
Thanks!
-Greg

br0t's picture

working for me without any

working for me without any problems. you might have to post more code

Never get low & slow & out of ideas

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.