Script manager system + Menu system, budget $50-100

What is it?
I. A system that helps me manage the huge amount of loose scripts I have downloaded from Internet, eg ScriptSpot and such
It helps me by building menus, toolbars and also supports a header system (injects header data into other scripts for later use)
There is also a restore function that is used on new Max installations to make it look like it was before eg, an uninstallation
II. A script that lets you create a menu, generated from a script and/or lets you export an existing menu and reimport it.
The menu has sub-menus

Features I need:
I. these are the headlines and I will have to go through it all in detail

* recovery system (INI backup/restore etc)
* Header system (recognises data in scripts like "name", "author", "date", "version", "script location in menu", "script location in toolbar" and more)
* Menu system: creates a menu and connects a script to that menu item, based on the header data inside a script
* Toolbar system: similar to above, but for toolbars

This project involves a lot of small details and we will have to go through them all separately and more in depth

II. * importing a menu from an external file
(see two attached files that might inspire to some ideas)
* exporting a menu to an external file
* preferably, the external file is formatted in a way that I could edit it outside max and build menus in this fashion.

Comments

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Haider of Sweden's picture

Thanks for the tip and I will definitely give it a look! Looks promising :)

I still want to produce this idea of mine though. If the budget is too low, let me know. I think the idea has a good value.

Kind regards
Haider
www.haider.se

Haider of Sweden's picture

You can contact me through my website's contact page
Please just write here that you sent me a message, just in case anything is caught by a spam filter or such.

Kind regards
Haider
www.haider.se

pixamoon's picture

`

Hey,
I think that's only part what you need but try it.

Favorite Scripts menu:
http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scripts/favorite-scripts

It automatically creates menu from selected folders structure.
You can keep scripts in dropbox, so menu looks the same (same scripts) on your laptop, desktop or in the office
It will be the same also in all versions of 3ds Max you use.

Best,
Pixamoon

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.