Update a dotnet dll to work in max2024

Hi,

I need the Hitchhiker.dll made by Pete Addington (lonerobot) to work with updated 3ds max version like 2024. It is working fine in 2020. I tried to reach Pete for couple of month but failed.
The script is available in this forum from 2010 may be. It is a thumbnail generator script for images files in a folder name supplied. I will pay if somebody can help me out. Will share details if you are interested.The issue is dotnet version related.

Comments

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
AEI's picture

if LoneRobot didn't come back , hard to update for new version

max changed some core interface at 2022 , lower .net plugin with them won't run on newer LoneRobot has gone a long time , if there was no source script , the only way was to decompile dll and recompile it after modified ,but there is only a small chance to success , it may couldn't recompile or couldn't run

you may search for another tool for your needing

the reason of error likes below , there's need a new version plugin or changed interfaces to assembly 

Automatic Efficient Intelligent

We change the work state

alexnguyen's picture

it is impossible

DLL is a library that has been encoded. How can I open its source code?

zahid hasan's picture

Decryptor

Some app can decrypt the dll. Dont know if the code is modifiable. I attached a decrypted screenshot. Btw, Can you make a new dll with similar functionality? they are not many.

AttachmentSize
whatsapp_image_2023-11-02_at_8.27.33_pm.jpeg 245.3 KB

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.