3ds Max 2017 MCG Samples
A library of useful Max Creation Graph (MCG) compounds and tools for 3ds Max 2017.
You can use these sample by downloading and unzipping the repository from:
to: %userprofile%\Autodesk\3ds Max 2017\Max Creation Graph\Tools
Where %userprofile% can be entered directly into Windows explorer and usually maps to somewhere like "C:\Users\digginc\"
Once you have downloaded the new tools, either restart 3ds Max or open the Max Creation Graph Editor and select from the menu "Operators > ReloadOperators" followed by "Build > Evaluate All Tools".
Sample MCG Tools
In the object construction panel under the "MCG Cloners" category:
- Grid Cloner - Computes a 3D grid of clones
- Path Cloner - Computes a series of clones along a spline
In the modifier panel:
- Clone - A simple object cloner sample modifier.
- Cloner from Surface - Computes clones randomly on the surface of a mesh.
- Cloner from Vertices - Computes clones at each vertex of a mesh.
- Cloner Mesher - Copies a mesh to each cloned location (requires a Cloner below it on the stack)
- Cloner Transform - Transforms the location of each clone location (required a Cloner below it on the stack)
- Smart Scale - Enables an object to be scaled along an axis selectively stretching parts of the mesh
- Stacker - Creates copies of meshes that are aligned along an axi using the bounding box
Sample MCG Compounds
All sample compounds have the suffix "-ext". You can type into the search dialog "*-ext" to see a list of new operators.
There are several sample scenes included in the zip that demonstrate the various tools.
We recommend that you do not save modify the tools and compounds, but instead copy the files you want into a new directory and make the changes there.