Copy/Paste Material to File
This script was inspired by Copy/Paste Obects v0.2 by Christopher Grant .
It enables you to copy and paste materials across open max instances without having to merge, or load from library. Just click the material in medit, and then execute the script either by shortcut or toolbar, depending on how you install it.
Only one material can be copied at a time at present.
Please let me know of any bugs as i haven't tested it thoroughly in a production environment.
Only works with MAX versions 9 and above.
I am by no means a Maxscript Genius so any help on improving the script would be appreciated.
The script is provided as is.
I don't do this fulltime so I can't really work on it much, or provide support.
1. Click Maxscript / Run Script and choose wherever you downloaded this file
1a. It will seem like nothing happened but that's exactly what it should do, you now need to assign a shortcut to it
2. Click Customize / Customize User Interface / Keyboard (tab) or /Quads tab
3. Change the Category to "Futuregeist"
4. Click "Copy Material to File" and change its Hotkey to something, maybe Ctrl+Alt+C .Click Assign or put it in a Quad menu
5. Click "Paste Material from File" and change its Hotkey to something, maybe Ctrl+Alt+V. Click Assign or put it in a Quad menu
6. Click Save and save your custom UI settings to a file, do yourself a favor and don't use the default.
7. That's it.