Cylinder Rigger is intended to be used in animations of cylindirical objects on hard surfaces.
-Any cylindirical object (Bottles, Cans, Batteries, Coins etc.) can be rigged with this script. Actually any object can be rigged whether it is cylindirical or not, but x and y positions may not be as precise as in Cylinders.
-Although it can be used on the main object, it is strongly advised to use a simple primitive object and parent the real one to it. And be sure you ALWAYS SAVE YOUR WORK before using the script. I can not be held responsible for any data/time loss you may encounter while you are using Cylinder Rigger.
HOW TO USE:
- Select the objects you want to be rigged.
- Run the .ms file from Maxscript -> Run Script
- Use the point helper named "Rig Controller" to rotate the object.
- Rigged Objects will stay always in the correct z position whether it is cylindirical or not
- But x and y positions may misposition depending on the shape. If it is a slightly Chamfered Cylinder it wont be noticeable, but if it is Teapot... welll..
- Objects will rotate properly until they reach 90 degrees.