Faustics is a MaxScript for creating procedural water Caustics effect in 3ds Max, easily and quickly. Faustics produces beautiful Caustics effects and these are extremely fast to render.
Update: Minor update.
No plugins of any kind are needed. The scenes created using Faustics can be rendered without the script. It provides three kinds of Caustics effects for water - Turbulence, Waves and Rain, out of the box. You can blend these effects quickly or add your own animated map also. A simple UI and quick previews let you create complex and beautiful refractive or reflective water Caustics in minutes !
Faustics caters to a beginner as well as advanced users of 3ds Max. A beginner needs to click just one button to start off and an advanced user can customize many aspects of the effect, such as light properties, size, speed, chaos, animation properties and many more things, to get an infinite variety of Caustics. It can be used to create special effects too. It needs no water surface model of any kind, the Caustics are stand alone.
It also has a function to export the Caustics animated map for use in a game engines.
- Create water Caustics in a Single Click.
- Extremely fast renders.
- Still and Animated Previews.
- Multiple Sources of Caustics, where each can have its own settings.
- Three kinds of built-in effects - Turbulence, Waves and Rain.
- Enables blending of these three effects.
- Supports custom animated image sequences or video file as Caustic Maps.
- Source properties, like color, intensity, type etc can be customized.
- Turbulence, wave and rain properties can be customized.
- Each source can independently have its own set of properties and effects.
- Supports include/exclude of objects that can receive Caustics from each source independently.
- Exports the animated Caustics map for use in game engines.
A limited feature free demo version is available and is attached below.