miauu's Script Pack vol.2
miauu's Script Pack vol.2 is a set of scripts that will help you to make faster and easier some of the tedious task when you use 3ds Max.
miauu's Script Pack vol.2 include:
Automates the process of linking objects to the surface of other objects.
- attach point helpers or any objects in the scene to selected faces or vertices of other objects.
- pick the point where to attach selected objects, using SNAP
- choose to lock the position and/or rotation of attached objects to the position/rotation of the surface, where they are attached.
- attach multiple objects at once
- link multiple objects at once
- can link/attach any objects type to the Editable Poly, Editable Mesh, Lines, Editable Splines and Edit Poly modifier objects
Align selected vertices to the X, Y, Z, XY, YZ or XYZ position of the last selected vertex(used as reference point).
Supported objects are Editable Poly, Editable Mesh, Lines, Editable Splines and Edit Poly modifier.
Script idea - Pedro Amorim.
Easy Peel will help you with UV-mapping your geometry easier and faster.
It works directly with Edhtable Poly objects, allowing you to get full advantage of its many geometry selection features.
- works with Editable Poly object and Edit Poly modifier, applied to one or multiple objects.
- unwrap to arbitrary map channel.
- hotkeys to quiclky mark, unmark and select edges. Unwrap with Pack On and unwrap with Pack Off.
- can extract the UVs from objects, that are not unwrapped with Easy Peel
Script idea - Hristo Dinev.
Extrude selected object's polygons set along selected edges or spline path.
- can extrude a sets of polygons. They can have holes. branches. etc.
- the edge/spline path can be open or closed loop.
- when extruding along edges can process more than one object. The count of edge paths must be equal or grater the count of the objects that will be extruded.
- the object that will be extruded must be Editable Poly objects
- the objects, which edges can bee used as paths can be Editable Poly, or Edit Poly modifier.
Extrude border edges using the numeric values for the extrude distance in a way that you can't do by default in 3ds Max. You can rotate the extruded edges at arbitrary angle.
Support only Editable Poly objects.
Quad cap even sided holes.
The created topology of the cap can follow the curve of the hole.
Works with Editable Poly objects and Edit Poly modifier.
Script idea - Zarko Bojkovski.
- can change the raduis of created circle
- can preserve the curvature of the object(as much as possible). - support Editable Poly, Editable Mesh, Spline objects, Edit Poly and UnwrapUVW modifier.
- separete macro that allows to directly adjust selection into the form of circle. No UI will be shown.
With Smart Spline Extrude you can:
- "fix" splines, created in other 3D-CAD programs and imported in 3DS Max, so you can use them for lofting, or extrude them without problems.
- extrude in arbitrary direction/angle
Script idea - Wilbert Blom.
Extrude closed splines in direction that match the normal of the face, that the closed. spline forms.
Script Idea: Stefan Rienth
With Smart sub-object selection you can select whole or partial verts/edges/polys loop or ring.
- Works with Editable Poly objects, Edit Poly and Unwrap_UVW modifier.
- For Line and Editable Spline objects only Partial Loop works. The vertices or segments, between the selected will be added to selection.
- Using the Shft key the Dot Loop and Dot Ring can be selected.
Align one selection of vertices to other selection of vertices in few easy steps.
- automates the tedious proces of moving vertices one by one
- creates seamless match between the selected vertices
- works with soft selection(Editable Poly objects and Edit Poly modifier)
- can stitch verts using closest vert or using verts order
- can weld vertices found in the set threshold
- support Editable Poly objects and Edit Poly modifier.
Project all or selected vertices of one object onto another object or selection of objects.
The object, whose vertices will be projected must be an Editable Poly, Editable Spline or Line or any object with Edit Poly modifier on top ot its modifier stack.
Works with soft selection.
The vertices can be projected along:
- World X, Y or Z axis
- object's local X, Y or Z axis
- vertex normal of each vert
- current viewport direction(for perspective viewport only)
- custom direction - pick two points to draw the direction of projection
- can project the selected vertices onto the same object.
- can project the selected vertices onto the plane defined by selected face or 3 points, picked on the scene. The vertices can be far away from the face, but they will be projected on the plane that this face forms.
- can project the tangents of spline's knots.
Script Idea - Harold Rinck
Allows you to straighten the selected edges using the constraint to edges. No branches or closed edge loops are allowed. Edge Constraint is used by default. All vertices of the selected edges will be moved using the Edge Constraint.
Works with Editable Poly objects and Edit Poly modifier.
Script Idea - Pawel Lazarow
Allows you to perform Inset command for arbitrary sides of the selected faces.
- Only Editable Poly object is supported.
- two modes of Inset - default for 3ds Max Inset and Inset with Edge Constraint.
- build quads when Inset with Edge Constraint is used. Scrpt idea - algosuk
Align Working Pivot makes using the Working Pivot fast and easy.
With a single click you can align the Working Pivot to the selected sub-objects or to two points selected by using the Snap to Vertex.
Align Working Pivot to Sub-object Selection
- when three vertices are selected the X or Z axis is perpendicular to the plane that these verts forms.
- when one edge is selected the X axis is aligned to the edge
- when two edges are selected the X or Z axis is perpendicular to the plane that these edges forms.
- when one polygon is selected the Z or X axis match the normal of the polygon. The X or Z axis is aligned to the longest edge of this polygon.
Align Working Pivot to Two Points
- pick two points using the Vertex SNAP. The X axis of working pivot will be aligned to the vector between the two pivots.
Script idea - Pedro Amorim
Save/Load Sub-object selection allows you to save currently selected verts, edges or polygons and to select them later. Its big advantage against the default Named Selection Sets and Stored Selections - when it saves the sub objects selection it really saved it. The script supports Editable Poly objects and Edit Poly modifier.
Copy Edge allows you to create a copy of the selected edge(s) and to place it at arbitrary distance away from the selected edge.
This is a commersial script.
You can find more information here: