mr Render Reporter
Overall functionality and advantages
- The script generates a report by opening each .max file from a specified directory
- The report is saved as a .txt file where each .max file is formatted as a separate paragraph for better readability
- The reports are very useful in an environment where more people have to collaborate.
- Each person can just look at the report and easily determine what settings were used for each .max file
- The other benefit is when you have to batch render more files and you want to make sure you used specific settings for each file
- Easy to use, very fast script
The generated report contains:
- FileName .max
- Full path of .max file
- Render Output File
- Image Resolution
- Area to Render
- Active Viewport
- Environment Map
- Exposure Control
- Final Gather State (Enabled, Disabled)
General Usage Instructions
- Run the script from Exchange Store Menu available in menu bar. Please refer screenshot Exchange Store Menu.
- Select Import Directory that contains .max files.
- Press Generate Report button and select where to save the report (.txt file).
- Use this script for Mental Ray only!