Place Objects according to normal
This script will place objects according to the normal of the face you place them on.
You can add multiple objects in a list and let the script random pick one of those, or disable the random button and choose yourself.
- Add multiple objects to a list and start placing them.
- Place them with the first click, then move your mouse to rotate the object and click again to confirm.
- Cancel placement at any time.
- Random select objects from the list.
- Add a Z-Offset to the objects.
- Place objects according to the normal they are placed on.
- Change object by pressing left CTRL button.
- Selected objects will have Z axis up and Y axes front.
Fixed lots of small errors in the script.
Script tested on 3ds Max 2012 / 3ds Max 2014. Should be compatible with lower versions as well.
How to install:
Drag the placeobjects.ms in your viewport
Go to Customize --> Customize User Interface
You can find the script in the catagory Ron Tools, named Place Objects.
Either bind the script to a shortcut or drag it to your toolbar.