(updated to v0.31) ProjectSwitcher is a Macroscript utility for quickly switching between multiple project folders. It keeps track of the previously opened projects, saves them to an .ini file and presents them in a dropdown list.
The dialog can be resized to accommodate long path names. v0.3 can also be docked at the top or bottom, v0.31 is using a floating dialog instead to restore compatibility with 3ds Max 2014.
Update to v0.31:
- Due to a bug in 3ds Max 2014, version 0.3 no longer worked (project was no longer switched after selection in dropdown menu was made)
- Therefore, a new version 0.31 has been released that no longer uses a dockable toolbar to host projectScripter but a floating dialog instead; this restores compatibility with 3ds Max 2014 again.
- The script dialog now remembers size and postion.
Update to v0.3:
- Automatic Project Switching when opening .max files: When opening the file c:\projects\myproject\scenes\file.max, this option will automatically set c:\projects\myproject\ as the new project folder. Thanks to Tollef Roe Steen for the suggestion.
- No longer a macroscript; can be automatically run when 3ds Max starts
There seems to be a small bug in 3ds Max 2008. It causes projectSwitcher to always show a Browse-Folder-Dialog when swichting projects. This can be fixed by manually editing the file Macro_SetProjectFolder.mcr in the <3dsmax_root>\ui\macroscripts directory and changing
in line 25 and 26 to
Save the .mcr file and restart 3ds Max. This should return normal functionality for projectSwitcher
For automatic startup, just copy this script into your scripts\startup folder and restart 3ds Max.
Press the '?' button for a quick help screen, or see the header of the script file for detailed information.