This is a script that enables editing of VRayProxy objects instantly in the scene they are currently.
It is easy to use:
1. Drop the .ms file in the viewport to run the script. A dialog appears.
2. Click the Pick proxy button and select a proxy from the scene. It becomes a editable mesh with material applied.
3. You can change geometry, uvw mapping, apply modifiers etc.
4. When you are ready click Save proxy and the proxy object in your scene will be updated. It updates the vrmesh files so any proxy using the same vrmesh will be updated but only instances of the picked proxy will be visually changed. The copies will appear unchanged at first.
1. Keep the ms and ini files in one place/directory.
2. This is one of my first scripts and although it has been tested pretty tough there could be some issues so use on your responsibility and if you run into an error it would be great to share your problem here.
3. If you look at the script code it could be pretty confusing or doing simple things in a complex way but as I said I am new in scripting. Any advice is greatly appreciated ;)
Already a little "globals" issue was self-found and fixed.
Version 1.1 - added Backup and Cancel buttons. Backup saves a copy of the currently edited proxy so if you change your mind you can use the original proxy. Cancel exits the script without applying any changes made.
Still a bit complex script for me so it might not work properly although it was tested pretty rough and works fine for me.