Reference Plane Creator
It is a utility that:
- Creates 3 types of references from side - front - and top views (independently) with your selection of
- Creates a correct size plane (the size of the image) at world center [0 -0 -0]
- Puts the plane in a seperate layer (for easy hiding abilities)
- Creates a material with the diffuseMap as the image and toggles it on
Here is a run through on how to use it
- Run the script from the maxscript menu
- Open the utilities menu and select 'Plane Reference Creator'
- Click the buttons and select the corresponding reference image and it will automatically create the planes with textures within a layer.
*** Runs best after restarting max - no objects in scene