Scene explorer expansion pack
including light and camera lister for Mental Ray, VRay and Maxwell render.
** Updated to work with 3ds 2008, 2009, 2010 **
The scene explorer expansion pack is a set of scene explorer presets
and scripts for use in 3ds Max 2010 to enhance the scene explorer
capabilities. It contains a set of useful explorers like a light lister
and a camera lister, and also some tools to help migrate you to using
containers instead of the Max layer system. Please read the article
here for more information
- Download the mzp package from the link below
- Either run it from your maxscript drop down menu or drop it onto your viewport.
- Choose customize | customize user interface from the max drop down menus
- Select Toolbars from the tabs at the top of the dialog
- Press select to create a new toolbar and name is ‘Scene explorers’
- Select the category : JN Scripts
- Drag the three Scene explorer scripts onto the new toolbar. Max will need to be re-started for the icons to display correctly
- Drag the script ‘Convert layers to containers’ to the toolbar
- Place the toolbar wherever you would like it live
- re-start Max
26/06/09 - I've updated the camera lister so that it will list VRay and Maxwell camera properties.
05/08/09 - I've now updated the script to include a version for 3ds Max 9, 2008, 2009. The installer will now recognise what version of max you're using and will install the appropriate files. it will also uninstall the scripts if you decide you don't want to use them. Versions prior to 3ds Max 2010do not include the containers explorer.
22/01/10 - I've fixed an error that was preventing the columns appearing for VRay and Maxwell. I've also named the columns with the renderers name after the property to avoid confusion.