Copy Edit_Poly Modifier (including poly alteration!) and add to multiple obejcts?!
I am currently trying to automate an often occuring process when modelling characters.
1. model character
2. create 20 morphtargets
3. all works
4. you NEED to do changes (adding faces / ajusting existing)
- 6a. add modifier Edit_Poly to original obj
- 6b. do your changes
- 6c. Rightclick in stack and copy modifier
- 6d. Paste onto each morphtarget
- 6e. reassign all targets and reassign skin if nessesary
7. sigh and take a brake trying to gather new motivation :/
This process is something ive come across OFTEN during my years in the business!
Now... i am doing a script that can handle all this in one button press after the change has been done on the original...and the framework looks plausible... and then my work comes to an abrubt stop.
why cant i do the copy paste modifier thing INCLUDING the changes stored in the modifier (editpoly) from script?!
i really hope sombody out there can say - just do this... :)