Max 2017 new viewport features documentation

Looking for some hard documentation (help file or other) on the new viewport features introduced in Max 2017. These include the "quality" viewport label menu and new "viewport preferences and settings" dialog. I have not been able to locate anything about them in the 2017 help file or, more to my needs, the MaxScript help. Has anyone located documentation on these features other than the online videos? Any links, info or recommendations would be welcome!
Specifically, I have a script that controls my viewports and need to adapt it for 2017. Some things can be accomplished using the ActionManager as shown with the MacroRecorder but this is not ideal and I find it hard to believe there is no MaxScript access to these features.

Thanks!

David

Comments

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Digital Animation Services's picture

resolution to post questions

Well, I kind of forgot about this post from back in June of last year when I was pursuing this topic but thought I'd update it with what I've since found out if anyone cares. As far as Maxscript access to the new 2017 viewport features, using the "showinterfaces" command on the "NitrousGraphicsManager.GetActiveViewportSetting() reveals the "ViewportViewSettingImpl" interface and all it's properties, including access to the new features such as ShadedRenderMode, ViewportPresets, OverrideMaterialOption, etc.. I also noted that there is some general documentation if you search for "Viewport Label Menus" in the generic max 2017 help. I must admit, I couldn't find this when the software came out, no matter how many different ways I searched for information on these new Nitrous features that differed from 2016. Upon further review, I also note that the help file entry on this topic is dated from November of last year (2016) leading me to believe this documentation was indeed not included with the early releases of 2017. But perhaps my searches weren't as thorough as I thought... FYI: Here is the hyperlink to the help documentation: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/3ds-max/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2017/ENU/3DSMax/files/GUID-E04403C8-D6D1-4AFA-82C2-E05EDD6E41BF-htm.html

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.