The script is a small floating dialog which will mainly let you switch between cameras
in your scene. (plus some other handy features built-in)
- Interactive Mode; lets you click on a camera name in the list and it
will set the current active viewport to the camera.
- Lock Mode; you can define a specific viewport - so whenever you click
on a camera name in the list - it will always assign the camera to the chosen viewport.
- Timeframe Ranges Mode; Double click an item to customly set an animation range for the camera.
- Timeline Remapping Mode; enable this to automatically set the time range
of the scene in accordance to the camera name selected.
- Bake Cameras - it will automatically create an animated camera out of the
cameras in the list using the timeframes.
*created/tested only on max 6
*there's also a right+click menu for most of the functions
*deleting a camera in the scene will automatically remove the camera from the list.
*This Script adds additional entries in the 3dsmax.ini file under the category [camswitch]
It stores the position - size and button states whenever you close the dialog.
*It also stores timeframe information in the User Defined Properties of the object.
you can pm me - Galagast @ www.cgtalk.com for any comments and suggestions. :D
download 'Camera Switcher vX.X' by Jefferson Lim @ www.scriptspot.com
[Add all scene cameras to the list]
- CTRL+CLICK on the '+' button.
[Select the Camera from the list]
- DOUBLE LMB+CLICK on the camera item name
- or ALT+CLICK on an item to safe select the camera.
- clicking on any of the two column titles ('cameras & timeframe)
will switch between modes (Camera List Mode - and Timeframe Ranges mode)
[Refresh the list]
- CTRL+CLICK on the column bar titled 'Cameras'.
- or Double MMB+CLICK anywhere on the list (will also Reset Column Widths)
[Revert to Last TimeLine Range]
- CTRL+CLICK when turning off the Time Mode button
[Delete all list items]
- CTRL+CLICK the Delete Button to Delete all items in list
- Second Public Realease
- Added a lot of right+click menu options
- list is now saved with the file
- added a right click menu for the majority of the functions
- fixed total range report on bake
- resizeable height; also saved
- button (interactive - time) states are also saved
- baked camera name will have the total time range added automatically
- range editor will also appear and move correctly with camswitcher
- range is now saved/accessed through the user defined properties
- fixed: range spinner limit
- pressing CTRL+ADD button will automatically sort cameras by name
- fixed viewport names on popup menu
- added markers to know which mode you are in
- removed the 'DEL' key press function - because it can accidentaly delete objects in your scene
--- a button is placed instead to delete items
- fixed negative frame ranges
- added an option to maintain the timerange when turning off Time Mode
- added double clicking an item to select the camera
- added - ALT+Click an item to select the camera
- added - creating baked cameras will set tanget types to Step for start/end keys
- removed printing of some variables on the listener.
- fixed: rollout variable lookup error when changing timeframe values the first time
- fixed: a bug when a view is set on different viewport layouts. (e.g. 4-views to 1-view)
- Initial Public Release