This macroscript (to be found in the "MB Tools" category after executing the .mcr) will allow you to link the transformation of a modifier gizmo to some other scene object. Afterwards, the gizmo will always be fully aligned to that other scene object, which can be freely animated by any kind of controller and linked to any other scene node. In some way this is very similar to World Space Modifiers but it works for any kind of modifier gizmo.
This tool can be very useful for creating complex modifier animations, for example animating a Slice modifier's plane along a path, attaching a UVW Map modfier to some animated helper object, transforming a Displace modifier with some other object, or having an extra node control the- symmety plane of a Symmetry modifier.
New in v0.4:
- Fixed a major bug that caused incorrect gizmo transformations when used with objects that have an edited pivot point.
- Some minor UI tweaks
New in v0.3:
- Added the option (hold
SHIFT when pressing the 'Link' button) to keep the initial offset. The
gizmo will stay where it is but follow any further movement of the
- Added the option (hold SHIFT when
pressing the 'Reset' button) to keep the current gizmo transformation.
Use this if you don't want to move the gizmo but want to remove the
link to the control node.
New in v0.2:
- Copy/pasting a modifier that has a linked gizmo now works correctly
- Added a button to remove the scripted controler that links the gizmo to the control node
- Should work correctly with Merge and Xref
Currently only works for modifier gizmos that can move, rotate and scale (i.e. use a Matrix3 controller).