Maxscript 2013 Help CHM creator
Update: Our friends at Autodesk have released an official CHM for both MXS and SDK!
Get it here: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=16707768
With this tool you can transcode the offline HTML help into a CHM for personal use.
Remember, while these tools are freeware the resulting CHM is still a copyrighted work and you cannot distribut that without permission, so keep the CHM to yourself.
-The offline maxscript help files: http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/files/maxscript-2013-help.zip
-For Max 2014 use these: http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/files/maxscript-2014-help.zip
-htmlhelp.exe, download here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=21138
1) Download offline help and unpack zip somewhere
2) Unpak chm_ftw.zip files to help's root folder (so chm_ftw.exe and index.html are in the same folder)
3) Optionally drop override.css in the '/styles' folder the get the original look and feel of the last CHM. (Thx to Johan Boekhoven for supplying the CSS)
4) **!! Delete or rename the /scripts folder !!** important
5) Run chm_ftw.exe (can take a while), now 2 files new are created ( a .hhc and a .hhk file)
6) Open '__maxscripthelp_project.hhp' in microsoft's HTLMworkshop (don't drag&drop, use the file menu)
7) Click on the content and index tabs, if asked for a file point to the files created earlier. (if you see content it worked)
8) Compile & Enjoy*
(Works on Max's main help file as well thx to SpaceFrog's handy work, see http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scripts/maxscript-2013-help-chm-creato...
Checked and works with MaxScript 2014 docs as well
- Better anchoring routine to account for discrepancies on the originals files.
- Now comes with a very clean and optimized index, the original had lots of doubles and those are now automatically being filtered out.
Small example, these are 3 original entries:
2) abs() - Numbers
3) abs() - Time values
Nr1 points to the same place as nr2 so nr1 is removed and the index looks like this:
1) abs() - Numbers
2) abs() - Time values
- Fixed anchoring bug in subtitles
- CSS fixes
- Added subtitles to index for better usability The , ,  etc are replaced by titles so instead of
Controller , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , 
Controller - Animation Controller
Controller - Audio Controllers
Controller - Attachment : PositionController
- Added subtitles in index Update to 1.1.0 Thx to Ruramuq for some better CHM settings: Favorites tab enabled
- Advanced search
- Fixed the error on start page
- Some small tweaks.