vSaver - project management tool for 3ds max
vSaver is a simple project management tool for 3ds max.
It allows the user to save versions of a project and then access all of those versions later and review changes, load/merge versions, watch previews of the saved scenes etc.
- Saving files with autoformatting of versions of the project like: project_v00001_00005 to the project file path
- Generating a screenshot preview of the scene to be able to quickly recognize it
- Generating a preview for saved file including standard 3ds max preview, custom quick preview or advanced preview with multiple cameras and ranges, and converting that preview with VirtualDub (free) and optionally executing any command line in Windows after preview is created
- Project management: load/merge saved versions, see changes made, delete files, load previews
Ver 1.25 [2014-12-12]:
- Added a "Use new file" checkbox, which opens the new file after saving
Ver 1.2 [2014-11-19]:
- Added project browser, which allows to quickly access and load previous projects
- Added a "sort by date" button
- The script now asks whether it should overwrite an existing version
3ds max versions: 2012-2015 (The script was tested on 2012 and 2014)
Installation: Drag and drop the .mzp file to the viewport or choose MAXScript -> Run Script. The script will be located under "vSaver" category in Customize User Interface.