Sorting algorithm visualizer
This script is completely useless to a typical 3ds max user, but if you are a scripter/programmer and you are interested in sorting algorithms, then what it does maybe educational/fun.
It allows to visualize and "audiblize" some common sorting algorithms used everywhere using boxes. I implemented the code for MAXScript for most of the algorithms and the rest are direct translation of other languages and pseudocodes from the Internet.
- Reset max file
- Run the script
- Choose your settings and click create/shuffle
- Choose a sorting algorithm
- If you enable sound, the script will ask you to choose the provided .dll library (only once).
- Click sort
- Click on create/shuffle button to shuffle the items.
If your screen is stalling when the script runs, you can disable that by stopping "Desktop Window Manager Session Manager" service in Windows.
Last update: 2015-01-16 [v0.4]:
- Sound playing: The script now plays different sound waves on array accesses. It's best to use this feature on max versions >= 2013.