Wall Worm Model Tools
- DMX*, SMD, VTA, QC, VTF, VMF, MAP and more Exporters
- Export Wrinklemaps*
- SMD, VTA, QC, VMT, VMF, MAP Importers
- Complete Entity tools (including outputs)
- Displacement tools.
- Automatically generates QC text files for your models
- Batch model and texture exporters; auto compiling.
- Can automatically generate convex collision hulls for your model
- Allows you to pick your own custom collision model if you don't want to use the auto-generated model
- Auto-generate LOD models of your model OR pick your own
- Gives you a visual representation inside Max of the limits (range) tied to each LOD model which is especially helpful if you are also building your level design inside of Max (with Convexity)
- Lets you assign a surface property to your model from inside the Max interface
- Visually assign $masscenter
- Visually assign $illuminationorigin
- Set many QC settings in Max such as sequence name, $mass, $concave, $staticprop, $opaque and more
- Create Sequences
- Batch Export SMDs straight into your modelsrc folders
- Tool creates a Batch File that can be run when you are ready to compile
- Autorun compiler
- Compile Textures (converts TGAs to VTFs)
- Export $jigglebones, ragdolls, etc.
- VTA Tools (supporting Morpher and Morph-O-Matic)
- Entities (both point and brush)
- Entity Inputs and Outputs
- Integration with CorVex and Detailer plugins
WW has been used in Max 2008+ but is only officially supported in the current version and three versions back. Works in 3ds Max 2014+ as well.
Other Included Tools
The download includes several other tools and utilities for Source modding alongside WWMT:
- Wall Worm Sky Writer
- Anvil Level Design Tool
- Worm Face
- WW Material Generator
- Rad Worm
- VMF Exporter
- Overview Map Exporter
- VMF Importer
- SMD Importer
- QC Importer
- MAP Importer
- XWAD wrapper to import Convert WADs
*Those items with an asterisk are only available in the commercial version called Wall Worm Pro.
IMPORTANT CHANGE with Displacement Functions
As of WW 2.82, Displacements can no longer be quadrified with the Graphite tools. You must keep displacements and sculpt meshes triangulated! Failure to follow this rule will invalidate the objects!
Please read the Official Installation Instructions.
Also, read this WIP book called Hammered to the Max: A Hammer User's Guide to 3ds Max.
For teams wanting to set up an efficient pipeline, see Anatomy of a Design Team.
There is now also a commercial version of WW called Wall Worm Pro that has compiled plugins and .NET components that make several functions run faster. WW Pro also has a VTF Importer plugin to load VTF bitmaps into 3ds Max 2013+.