CAT Pose Grabber
A panel to support CAT rigs which allows temporary storage and retrieval of a single or muliple poses. Poses are not named and there is no management of them. The idea is that you simply want to grab a pose (or several) and use it immediately, without dealing with names or folder structures for fluid workflow. Poses saved are stored as files and are thererfore persistent unless overwritten using the script store functions.
- Supports multiple CAT rigs in the same scene. You can even transfer poses from one rig to another.
- The ability to save a single pose from either the currently selected CAT layer or the previous CAT layer. Using the Previous mode allows for exmaple - to have mocap on one top layer, grab a pose from that then paste onto a another layer below it. Kind of using the mocap as a pose reference (grabber).
- You can then paste either as a relative or absolute pose, with or without being keyed (on non-zero frame) or even mirrored.
- The ability to save multiple poses based on a defined list of frames to store.
- These can then be loaded back onto either the selected layer, or new layers of various types.
- Create a single semi-opaque snapshot of all skinned meshes stored in a scene layer called "Mesh Character" at the slider time for animation reference.
- Contact email changed.
- Improved code for finding rotation keys on a selected CAT node when using the ROT KEYS button to add frames. Now handles all CAT node types.
- Fixed the snapshot functionality. Do longer selects anything which means it works for frozen objects in Max 2015. Also, now handles multiple skin meshes in the Mesh Character layer. Only Skin meshes are snapshot.
- First release.
The script can be found in category “LB Tools”.
Drag the MZP file into your Max viewport.
Files will be copied to...