This script will make preview renders from the viewport using the default 'make preview' dialog, when completed it renames the preview file to match the camera's name.
This makes it easier to generate preview files for a ruff edit, without having to manually rename the preview files again and again.
1) Drag and Drop script into 3dsMax
2) now in max go to ‘Customize/Customize user interface
3) Select 'JDBgraphics' from the 'categories' dropdown
4) drag 'qPreview' to a toolbar of choice, or assign a hotkey
5) save the interface and close the customize dialog.
Updated to 2.0:
Added error handling and code clean up