ProSequencer is now available for free, enjoy!
If you’re working with multi-shot animations this will make your life a lot easier! You can now create, view and tweak an edit directly in 3dsMax. All this in an artist friendly way comparable to working in After Effects or Premiere. Quickly export previews or render clips directly from the timeline.
- Sequence camera shots and/or Statesets.
- Deadline / VFB+ / Prism (former LPM2.0) integration
- Adds a ‘Timeline Navigation Bar’ comparable to the one found in After Effects.
- Easy preview and render functions, quickly create previews and setup renders from a clip’s context menu.
- Token based render/preview system.
- Does not get in your way when you are not using it, collapses to only show the time navigation bar.
- Automatically set the camera’s wireframe color to indicate if a camera’s track is selected or if camera is active.
- MaxScript access to the sequence data for integrating into existing pipelines and render managers.
- Sequence data is saved in the max file itself in a non disruptive way. This means the scene will just open fine even when the sequencer is not present on the system.
For detailed instructions of all features please see the online help page
See change log here
V1.991 - 12-12-2016
- added: Option for 'handles', render extra frames at beginning/end of a track to have some wiggle room during final editing of renders or previews.
- fixed: Deadline support, some old code got included somehow, now works properly with error checking and without debug popups etc. sorry about that :)
- fixed: frame numbering, now works correctly for both single frames and multiple frames. Single frame tracks don't get a frame number in the filename. This mainly for when you're using proSequencer to manage rendering multiple stills from a scene. For proper operation don't add any framenumber placeholders in the filename, just let ProSequencer handle that.
- added: Autopass, this is a powerful feature to automatically include your Render Elements into an EXR using a ini file. In this file you can define how you want to store each type of pass. for example you can set a depth passes to MONO/32bit and reflection to RGB/16bit etc. In the ini file some default settings are defined and you can then have overrides per RE class like so: "classname_<format|type|filter> = value", it's explained in the ini file's comments. (get a trained TD if you're not sure how to work this :)
- Added: Version/Meta data per track, you can use these as a token in the output filename/path. You can set it in a track's "context menu"->"shot version" and add this data your output path/file in the settings dialog. There is an option to set these for all tracks at once or for the current track only. This makes housekeeping of multiple render versions very simple.
- added: Separate definitions of output file and path for better customization.
- added: print summary options, this will print a list of all track's output in the listener so you can check your tokenized output and debug more easily.
- fixed: disabled tracks are no longer included in 'submit all' operations.
- added: duplicate track function. Simply copy a track including all it's parameters.
v1.99 - 07-12-2016
- Added: Enhanched Prism (former LPM2.0) integration. Shots setup in Prism will auto-update while adjusting the edit in ProSequencer.
- Added: Deadline integration, submit a track, or multiple, directly to Deadline.
- Added: HDPI display support, now looks and works correctly with window's UI scaling.
- Misc: The usual small tweaks, bug fixes etc.
Note: Max 2017 has a bug where hiding/showing objects during playback/scrubbing messes up the viewport. This, for example, can happen when you link a StateSet to a track, to hide a layer or object for a certain shot. This is not a bug in State Sets but a viewport issue. The work around is to scrub using the red playhead of ProSequencer and not Max's default one. For now I've made it bit wider for easier grabbing. Autodesk is aware of this issue and since it affects the native sequencer as well I expect this to be fix soon. Enjoy!