If you’re working with multi-shot animations this will make your life a lot easier! You can now create, view and tweak an edit directly in 3dsMax. All this in an artist friendly way comparable to working in After Effects or Premiere. Quickly export previews or render clips directly from the timeline.
- Sequence camera shots and/or Statesets.
- Adds a ‘Timeline Navigation Bar’ comparable to the one found in After Effects.
- Easy preview and render functions, quickly create previews and setup renders from a clip’s context menu.
- Token based render/preview system.
- Does not get in your way when you are not using it, collapses to only show the time navigation bar.
- Automatically set the camera’s wireframe color to indicate if a camera’s track is selected or if camera is active.
- MaxScript access to the sequence data for integrating into existing pipelines and render managers.
- Sequence data is saved in the max file itself in a non disruptive way. This means the scene will just open fine even when the sequencer is not present on the system.
For detailed instructions of all features please see the online help page
There is a demo version available, it’s fully functional except for it does not save the sequence.
Get the Full version
If you find ProSequencer useful for you work please support me by getting a license key for only 10,- euros. You are allowed to use it on as many workstations as you like as long as you are the one using it. (Contact me for a discount multi-user site license if you are interested in that)
v1.8 - 04-10-2014
- Fix: Audio issues: reduced glitches at switching and "non-stopping" audio during playback.
- Fix: Bug where StateSets would not be activated on jump gap event.
- Fix: Reduced very small stutter during playbacks when switching cams.
- added: Integration with VFB+ (v2.45 and above). When this option is enabled VFB+'s filmstrip will only show renders that where done using the camera linked to current track.
- Changed: PS will now close itself on Reset, New, File load etc. So when you load a scene you have to use a button or hotkey to start ProSequencer. You can use the macro found in the 'JDBGraphics' category to start/stop it. A bit less convenient but avoids a stability bug beyond my control.
- Changed: the "Link selected cam" and "link from viewport" will now only autoset the the in/out points of a track based of first/last key of the camera when shift is pressed while clicking in the context menu, else the track's in/out is left as is.
- beta: copy/paste edits across max sessions. Internally PS works with node handles but the copy/paste will work with just the camera names so make sure they match in both scenes.
v1.7 - 13-09-2014
- added: Bake sequence into single camera. (Great for make-preview of entire edit)
- fixed: Better performance in scenes with alot of objects
- fixed: various small fixes and improvements
v1.6 - 26-06-2014
- fixed: Mayor performance boost
- fixed: various small fixes and statesets bugs
v1.4 - 03-04-2014
- added: Legacy Max 2012 support. StateSets features are not not available when used in Max 2012
- fixed: warning popup on start when 'Autoplay preview file' is enabled in Max's preferences. (When enabled creating previews will fail due to MediaPlayer file locking)
- Fixed: few minor tweaks and fixes.
v1.3 - 31-01-2014>
- added: 'ctrl-click' on track to set current viewport to track's camera
- added: 'Auto setup from camera selection'. Replaces all tracks with selected cameras. The camera's first/last keys are used as in/outPoints for the track. This allows for a quick setup or quickly working with different camera subsets.
- added: Sets the scene's 'setSaveRequired' flag when edit is altered.
- added: Undocking ability, ProSequencer can now be resized when floated.
- added: Auto aligns sequencer's width on load/init
- added: Ability to re-order tracks. Move tracks up and down by dragging the empty (non-clip) track area.
- added: Snapping. Hold shift while manipulation a clip and it will snap to various things. Only enabled when the timeline's key-width is less then 8 pixels.
- changed: Shift-drag has become Alt-drag to move a clip including camera's keys. So snapping uses same shift key as AEF.
- added: 'Options' in the track's context menu.
- added: Option to Jump gaps on playback. Enable this to skip parts of the timeline that have no active track in the sequencer.
- added: Option to enable a simple weekly update checker.
- added: Option to enable/disable the autostart feature.
- added: Option to ignore StateSets switching.
- added: Macroscript to toggle ProSequencer on/off.
- added: A '#' sign on the track indicates a StateSet is linked to it.
- added: Ability to scrub by dragging the red line. Shift drag to make it snap.
- added: Linking a new camera sets initial track range based on camera's first/last keys.
- fixed: Lots of small improvements and details.
- fixed: 'Link selected camera' is now available when both camera and target are selected. (In addition to selected camera only)
- fixed: Issues when deleting xRef'ed cameras.
- fixed: 'get camera from viewport' bug.
- fixed: A few navigation bar / animation range imperfections.
- fixed: Rendering wrong camera when maximized viewport is not the render-viewport.
- fixed: More reliably link with StateSets.
- fixed: No more jittery track position when altering in/out points due to pixel rounding error.
- Improved: performace
- Fixed: Make Preview ignores last frame bug
- Fixed: Tooltip showing incorrect lengths
- Now does not start when system is a renderserver
- Fixed: license bug
- Better workflow when using other cameras in other viewports
- New feature: added ‘send clip’s cam to active viewport’
- New feature: added ‘link active viewport camere’ option.
- Prevent deleting preview files on preview cancel
- Immediately switch cameras on link
- Fixed: bug in zebra stripping for bright themes
- Navigation now starts 100% zoomed out
- Starts minimized for less flickering
- Now respects scenes animation range on start up.
- Fixed a bug that showed an empty sequencer after a fresh restart. The demo version has been updated as well. (Among other things a proper update check/notification system is in the works!)