QuickMR (Quick mental ray settings)
This is a script exposing the most commonly used parameters when using mental ray for production rendering.
Instead of having to hit "F10" and go digging thourgh the tabs, I created an interface for quickly modifying mental ray settings.
I use it myself in production almost daily and continue to tweak the script as I go along, adding functionality along the way.
A screenshot of the interface:
Current known bugs / limitations:
This script is written for 3ds Max 2014, as the implementation of Unified Sampling changed some things internally.
- When using the "Scanline / Rasterizer" it has to be set manually in the render settings, as there's currently a bug in the Max UI
- Run the script (.mcr) in 3ds Max
- Open the Customize > Customize User Interface... menu
- Look for the category "DAZE"
- Assign it to a button / quad menu
- You're done!