Pipeline TD needed for Scanline VFX
Scanline VFX is currently hiring for our Los Angeles studio.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Works with the Head of Technology to architect and develop production tools and supporting modules in a Max and/or Mel scripting language environment. Primary responsibilities include automating the use of Flowline, our proprietary, Academy Award-winning simulation software -- connecting it to our asset management system and creating an optimized workflow according to long-term and production-specific needs.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Design, build, and maintain software using a variety of languages, tools, and 3rd-party packages.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Excellent Max scripting experience in a Windows environment required.
- Knowledge of Python required.
- Additional C++ and Mel scripting experience a plus as well as basic knowledge of various 3D packages API’s.
- Knowledge of relational database design and implementation also a plus.
- Experience automating complex processes of scenes that consist of a large number of assets.
- Development experience with digital media formats, media viewers and media architectures as related to the computer animation and/or visual effects production.
- Familiarity with computer graphics application software, e.g. 3ds Max, Maya, Nuke, etc.
- Understanding and experience with client-server and other multi-tiered system environments.
- Must have prior VFX production experience with in depth understanding workflow from start to finish including but not limited to production and delivery deadlines.
- Excellence in problem solving and documentation skills.
- Must be able to work well with a wide range of personality types.
- Must be detail oriented, organized, and able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner.
Scanline VFX specializes in creating complex effects for high end feature film and commercials, with studios in Los Angeles and Munich. Past films include “Hereafter”, “2012”, “300”, “The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian”, “Iron Man”, “The Invasion”, and “Poseidon”.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume with a link to your online website/portfolio to:
jobs_la (at) scanlinevfx.com
or mail us a hard copy of your cover letter and resume, and your demo reel (DVD preferred) with a reel breakdown/shot list to:
RE: (please specify which position you are applying for)
12910 Culver Blvd., Suite C
Marina Del Rey, CA 90066
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
We are unable to return materials, so please don't submit originals.