Catenary curve generator
A tool that allows you to generate Catenary curves (realistically looking hanging rope/chain)
- Now you can create Catenary curves from your current scene selection. Very useful for bridges, electricity poles, ropes etc...
- You can also delete objects from the end anchor point list
- I've also added the feature to delete all the curves, or the last created, which makes it easier to navigate in more complex scenes
- generation of Catenary curves in any arbitrary transformation space
- generation of Catenary curves from one origin onto unlimited end points at once
- you can specify an explicit gravity vector (via the gravity space warp) for more flexibility
- tweakable parameters for the curves
- random length % parameter of the Catenary curves for added realism
I haven't provided an automatic installer, but all you need to do is to put the .mse file in your stdplugs/stdscripts directory and the .mcr file in your usermacros directory.
After you start Max, you'll find the Catenary Generator tool under the duber tools menu.