After seeing the max8 peltmapping vids - and doing a bit research on
the topic - I found that wings3d and blender already have nice
automatic unwrappers - using the same technique called LSCM. This
maxscript/plugin combo implements the technique based on blender3d. It
allows the user to mark edges as uv seams and run the automatic unwrap.
- mark edges on EPoly
- display the custom marked edges in viewport (with or without depth-testing)
- the unwrapper takes poly area into account and scales uv-charts to a common texel/unit ratio.
- can work only on selected uv faces
- can lock selected uv vertices
Within editable poly modifier you select edges and mark them as seams -
either using the 'LSCM Central' or the other macroscripts. After that
you run the UNWRAP in 'LSCM Central'
- It only works on editable poly
- The plugin was tested under (max 5.1, 8, 9-32, 2008,2009,2010-32)
- 64 bit is untested but included
copy stdplugs to your max folder
copy the proper plugin to your max/plugins folder
execute the mcr script once (it will install itself permanently then)
To make use of it you need to link its actions via "Customize"
Go to "Customize->Customize User Interface"
you will then find the proper macroscripts in the
Check readme.txt for more infos !!
contains 2010 support
1.0 contains 2009 support and a bugfix:
The unwrap editor window had to be closed and re-opened to show proper mesh (sometimes it showed garbage although internally everything was correct). This is fixed now.