Able to draw a spline over the current view angle to use as a slicer for a selected object.
- Press "Enable View Slicer".
- Select an object to slice.
- Tumble around the viewport (perspective or ortho) to set your slicing view.
- Press "Slice" to enable the slice state.
- Now draw or create any spline shape in the view (defaults to Line shape).
- Press "Slice" again to exit the slice state, the target object will be sliced.
- Internally makes use of ProBoolean and ProCutter to slice an object.
- (Closed) means that the object will most likely have volume (no holes/open edges).
- the output depends on whether the mesh was open or not before slicing.
- (Open) means that the internal faces generated by the slice will be deleted.
- good for creating fragments which can be later used for shelling.
- Show Grid, Show Bounding Box
- Displays viewport helpers to aid when drawing shapes in view.
- Depth Offset, Size Offset
- Sets parameters for the grid and Bounding Box.
- Transparent/Wireframe Unselected
- These options helps to easily select and view objects to slice.
- Wireframe Unselected was meant to work in combination with Views > Shade Selected.
- Able to assign the resulting sliced objects to a new (or existing) layer automatically.
- GET - A window will appear to let you pick from a an existing layer name
Post Spline Operation
- Auto-Extend Spline
- Sets whether to extend the end points of the spline towards the bounding box border.
- Threshold (%)
- Is the directional accuracy, result of getting the percentage value of a point along the length of the spline.
- Usually better to just leave it to the default 1.0% (I might remove this option on the next release)
- Enable this to automatically assign a material and material ID to the slicer object.
- The material ID number set in here will most likely be assigned to the internal faces of the resulting slice.
- GET - Will get the material of the current object selected for slicing.
- Enable fractal to create a noised slicer object.
- Fractal Drop Down List:
- Noise Modifier Based
- Noise Fractal
- Noise Modifier Based with Fractal ON
- Displace [Noise]
- Displace Modifier Based with a Noise Map
- Displace [Noise] Fractal
- Displace Modifier Based with a Noise Map set to Fractal
- Displace [Cellular]
- Displace Modifier Based with a Cellular Map
- Displace [Cellular] Fractal
- Displace Modifier Based with a Cellular Map set to Fractal
- Subdivisions = [Subdivide] size value.
- Smoothing = [Smooth] Threshold angle.
- Able to preview the mesh result of the slicer object generated from the spline.
- Also works when fractal is ON.
- changing the settings of the fractal will update the preview mesh.
Restore to Slicing View
- Once in "Slice" state, the last slicing view angle was saved internally,
press this button to revert back to that view.
* This script doesnt work with a selection of objects (yet).
- a minor fix to an error when using non editable splines with auto-extend turned O
- uploaded v0.17 videos
- fixed material ID bug
- auto extend spline enabled
- added cutter (open) slicing methods
- some UI enhancements
- some INI file loading fixes
- added fractal types
- added layer assignment
- initial public release