100's of trees need to be proxied

Greetings

I have several 100 trees/plants that I am currently proxy'ing. It is a fairly mind numbing process and I was hoping it could be scripted in order to speed up the process a little bit.

My knowledge of scripting is pretty limited but I thought I would open the listener, go through my actions, and then save that as a maxscript.

Unfortunately I don't think it is that easy. The names are each unique per file and it also has some missing actions that the listener did not document, please see below.

If anyone can help me manipulate this script I would be much appreciative (and my wrist will thank you as well)!

macros.run "ColinScripts" "RelinkBitmaps"

- Above is where I run a script to relink the missing maps

select $archmodels58_016_00
macros.run "Tools" "Move"

- Above is where I move the axis to the 0,0,0 origin

macros.run "VRay" "vrayMeshExport"
currentMaterialLibrary["(null)"].materialList[2] = sceneMaterials["Material #38"].materialList[2]
currentMaterialLibrary["(null)"].names[2] = ""
currentMaterialLibrary["(null)"].material1 = sceneMaterials["archmodels58_016_4"]
currentMaterialLibrary["(null)"].names[1] = ""
currentMaterialLibrary["(null)"].materialList[3] = sceneMaterials["archmodels58_016_3"]
currentMaterialLibrary["(null)"].names[3] = ""
currentMaterialLibrary["(null)"].materialList[4] = sceneMaterials["archmodels58_016_2"]
currentMaterialLibrary["(null)"].names[4] = ""
$VRayProxy001.name = "VRayProxy_archmodels58_016_00"

- Above was where I exported a vray mesh/proxy with the proxy automatically created and the faces set at 30000

select $VRayProxy_archmodels58_016_00
actionMan.executeAction 0 "40007" -- File: Save File As
saveMaxFile "G:\3D\Library\Models\Landscape\Trees\Evermotion\Archmodels_58\Models\016_Proxy.max"

- You can see above how the unique name of the file is used with "_Proxy" added as a suffix to the file name. I wonder if there is a way to write the script so that it is selection all the objects in the file, collapsing them to a mesh, centering the pivot of it at 0,0,0 and then running the vray mesh exporter.

I am happy to provide any screen caps or other information that would be helpful.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.