Autocomplete in the Maxscript Editor
Friends for a long time, I suffered, I was searching for avtokomplit Maxscript. And all that could find - is articles or in English, or Chinese. And even if they find something - all was not clear what and where to push and what sequence of actions. Yet, after long tinkering, studies, trial and error, I still managed to make Autocomplete in Maxscript Editor. And I'm ready to provide, clear sequence of actions, as it is done.
So, we go:
1) In The Maxscript Editor, go: Tool / Global Options File and add this:
colour.string.verbatim=fore:#CB7A7A # Autocomplete autocompleteword.automatic=1 autocomplete.*.ignorecase=1 autocomplete.choose.single=0 autocomplete.*.start.characters=$(chars.alpha)$(chars.numeric)$_@#. api.*.ms=maxscript.api # Editor Behavior # home key goes to far left beginning of line vc.home.key=0 # open up to 20 files at once buffers=20 # show file tabs on multiple lines tabbar.multiline=1 # highlighted a file name in a script and open that file using Ctrl-Shift-O # I use this with files Im adding to a script using include or fileIn openpath.*.ms=<my script functions folder> open.suffix.*.ms=.ms # Ctrl-O defaults to the directory of the currently active file open.dialog.in.file.directory=1
2) Create a text document in Notepad maxscript.txt
3) Download the createMaxscriptApiFile.zip, unpack and createMaxscriptApiFile.ms run by simply dragging it into viewport of 3dsMax, - the script will generate keywords for the API file.
4) Once the script is triggered, of MaxscriptEditor, copy and save list of keywords into maxscript.txt
5) Change the file extension from maxscript. txt to. API and copy this file to the root 3dsMax
[Sample path]: (# \ Program Files * \ Autodesk \ 3ds Max 20 **)
6) Restart 3dsMax
In any case, if the link of download for the script createMaxscriptApiFile.ms is lost, this script is laid out in the form of text in the source 2. and 3. (of used sources).
На русском языке, эту же инструкцию я разместил вот здесь: