Sketchy Shadows Tutorial
Sketchy Shadows Tutorial - How to create Sketchy Shadows with SketchUp and NprTools.
Here is an example of a model with Sketchy Edges, but normal SketchUp shadows, and the same model with Sketchy Shadows:
SketchUp model - with harsh SketchUp shadows
Same Model with soft, cross-hatched, Sketchy Shadows
Step by Step
- Download and Install RpTools from Render Plus - which includes NprTools and Sketchy Shadows
- Load the Soft and sketchy Shadows dialog using the Sketchy Shadows icon( ).
- Select the Patterns tab.
- Select one of the line patterns.
- Check Launch when complete on the Image tab..
- Click OK to create Sketchy Shadows
- Read below more more settings and examples.
Soft and Sketchy Shadows menu in NprTools
- The Sketchy Shadows are created as a .JPG file and loaded into your .JPG viewer.
(If you don't select Launch when complete, you can find the final image in My Documents\NprTools\NprTools_Images)
- You can adjust options like Line scale factor and Darkness to fine tune the final image. (See Settings below)