This script is in open beta phase, available for public.
Who creates the best interface for the users? The users theirselves! This tool is inspired by the Maya Hotbox. It is not ment to be a tool collection on its own, its idea is to provide ways to you for accessing and organizing functionality. Build your own interface, customize your workflow to your needs.
- show/hide hotbox-layer, run macros, execute scripts, open files or just re-execute your last hotbox action
- trigger actions by using buttons, hotkeys, mousegestures, ...
- build your own interface and organize your scripts as you want with hotbox profiles and nested layers
- independent, Max Hotbox hotkeys override/suppress 3ds Max hotkeys
- portable, no installation
- all macros of 3ds max can be assigned to hotbox-buttons
- style your hotbox with transparent and multicolor buttons, dock and group them with each other
- provides as much functionality as possible for custom userscripts
- should work for 3ds Max 9 SP2 - 3ds Max 2011
- works for 32bit and 64bit systems
How to start Max Hotbox:
- download and unpack
- drag and drop the "MaxHotbox.mse" file into your viewport
- hold down Spacebar on 3ds Max mainwindow
Max Hotbox is already configured for some simple tasks like Extrude a Face or so, but it is ment to be configured by yourself. It would be nice if you could share your configuration of Max Hotbox with other users. Please also watch the tutorial videos about Max Hotbox on YouTube to become familiar with the tool. I hope you will get along.
How to autostart Max Hotbox on next 3ds Max startup:
- drag and drop the "MaxHotboxAutostart.ms" file into your viewport
How to upgrade from a previous version:
- download and unpack the new version
- replace the "Profiles" folder of the new version with the folder from the old version
(the "Profiles" folder contains your configuration of Max Hotbox)
Your feedback is very welcome.