This script allows to transfer selections (vertices or faces) between a base object and its Unwrap modifier - and vice-versa.
What's news in version 0.17b ?
The Internal routines are completely rewritten.
The reliability is increased in the special cases like the combination of several modifiers.
How to use it:
- Select vertices or faces in the object or in the Unwrap modifier.
- Choose the direction of the transfert and click on the correct button. The selection mode in use determinates if it operates on vertices or faces.
- Only polys and meshes are supported.
- the script doesn't support modifiers that change the vertex count of the object.
Installation of the macroscript:
1. Click the MAXScript item in the Main Menu - select Run Script...
2. Locate and select the script and press Open
3. Go to Customize > Customize User Interface and select the desired Tab (Keyboard - Toolbars - Quad or menu)
4. Locate the category 'UVWtoolBox' under group 'Main UI'
5. Search in the category for the name 'unwrapSelector'
6. Drag the script to the toolbar - Menu - QuadMenu or assign to a Shortcut
If you encounter bugs or problems that I am not aware of - please send me yours comments.
Any suggestions are welcome.