Advanced Painter is a modular brush-based distribution tool derrived from the Nature Painter script. This tool comes with 7 inks:
- Grass: to create grasses; Grass: to create simple grasses
- Hair [new]: used to create simple hair/fur (or as guide hair for Shag:Hair
- Randomizer [new]: a variation of Scatterer used to randomly distribute a selection of objects.
- Stone: to create simple stones and peebles.
- Spaghetti: spaghetties, noodles, wires and other long things maker.
- Scatterer [updated]: a generic but powerful object scattering tool.
- Toothpaste: the fun but not-so-useful toothpaste generator.
Updated to version 1.60 by 3DZver
Here the list of changes and additions:
* the cource code is recompiled and optimized for support of dotNet;
* acceptance in attention of scale of source object which has been
applied to him up to cloning is added (Randomizer and Scatterer);
* the opportunity to set factor in randomness scaling of clone (min % - max %) is added (Randomizer and Scatterer);
* support of use of groups as source objects is added (Randomizer and Scatterer).
New version for download is possible here: AdvPainter v1.6.0(x32/x64) (or file attachment area below)
- Extract advPainter_1.5.1.mzp
- Start Max. MaxScript>Run Script ... and choose the extraced file. A dialog box will inform you that installation is successful.
- Install Advanced Painter action item (found under 'Painter' category) to your toolbar, main menu bar, or quadmenu. You set up a shortcut key or menu item for Advanced Painter the same way you would configure a regular 3ds interface item. Go to Customize / Customize User Interface, change the category to 'Painter' and assign a shortcut. Click ok. Voila. If you are having difficulty installing Advanced Painter or any other script, try checking out the script installation page, especially the videos demonstrating the process.
NOTE: Advanced Painter 1.5 requires 3ds max 5.1.
Uninstalling Advanced Painter: During setup, the the following files are copied. If you wish to uninstall Advanced Painter just delete them yourself.