Updated to version 0.83 and converted to a Helper instead of modifier. This is a new Helper for 3DS Max, that does the same as the Array tool does, but with some more features and more importantly, the settings can be adjusted on the fly, so you can always change the spacing, rotation, scaling between the array objects, or use splines for either 1D, 2D, 3D position. Also feature an randomize addition that can randomize spacing, rotation, scaling.
The Array Modifier has been made into a Helper and can now be found in the Helper tab. "Array Randomize" has been updated to "Array 3D Randomize" and is only useful if applied on the Array 3D Helper.
To use, just add an Array3D helper to the scene, and then select 1+ objects in the list to use in the array. It will remember your array settings and you can then change them whenever you like.
If you want to add some randomizing into position/rotation/scale, just add an Array Randomize modifier to the helper as well.
- Select one or more objects for the array
- Create array in 1D, 2D or 3D dimensions
- Adjust the position/rotation/scaling in 1D/2D/3D per object or as total value.
- Create array using 1-3 splines
- Array group of objects or randomize the objects in the array
- Add randomize values to the position/rotation/scaling
- Position incrementing from the previous position and rotation
- Turn freezing and bounding box on and off
- Change wireframe color to source color, custom color or a gradient from x,y,z
- Linking the array objects to dummy or custom object
- Offset the array from the dummy
- Convert and rename generated objects and group them
- Adjust any value on the fly
The zip files contains an readme.txt file which explains how to install/uninstall the modifier and a quick guide to start using it. There is also two video tutorials on my website, however they are not updated and is using version 0.75. I will update them as soon as I get some done.
If you find any bugs or have suggestions for it, please send me an e-mail to [email protected] .
IMPORTANT! READ THIS IF YOU ARE UPDATING FROM OLD VERSION WITH EXISTING SCENES!
If you have scenes already using an older version of Array 3D, you need to take these steps to
update your scene, as the Array 3D Modifier has changed into a Helper:
1) Install the script as usual
2) Load your scene with the Array Modifiers
3) Go up to MAXScript / Run Script... and find the script UpdateArray3D.ms in /scripts/Array3D/
4) Run the script and you get a update dialog window. Follow the instructions there to update
and convert the Array 3D modifiers to Array 3D Helpers.
5) When you have updated all your scenes, and you don't need the old version of the script,
feel free to delete the folder /ArrayModifier/ from /Scripts/. The new version is located in
/Scripts/Array3D/ and the file ArrayModifier_startup.ms from /Scripts/Startup.
If you don't want to remove it, please note that you will have two different randomize
modifiers in your list, the old Array Randomize and the new Array 3D Randomize.