This ZIP contains ALL the scripts below in script form - as well as macroscript wrappers and icons so that you can easily add these to MAX's quads - menus - keyboard shortcuts and toolbars. Just download - and follow the instructions in the README for installation. Less than 300k download. All my MACRO versions of my scripts are placed in the 'Comet Cartoons' category.
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU DOWNLOAD THIS ZIP vs. individual scripts - since it is easier to install and it allows you to easily add them to MAX's user interface.
HOW TO INSTALL:
1. Unzip all the files into the respective 3dsmax4 sub-directories. This can be done by simply extracting with subdirectory mode on. Alternatively - by hand make sure to extract the following types of files to the following locations:
*.ms 3dsmax4scripts (or wherever your DEFAULT scripts dir is)
2. Start 3D Studio MAX.
3. Go to the menu item at: Customize | Customize User Interface
4. Select the Keyboard - Toolbars - Quad or Menu Tab for whatever type of interface you want to modify and customize.
5. Make sure the 'Group' dropdown on the top left is set to 'Main UI'
6. Set the 'Category' dropdown to 'Comet Cartoons'. All of the cometCartoons scripts should now be listed below as actions -
7. Assign items as normal by assinging hotkeys - or dragging from the left into the menus or toolbars on the right. You can also drag right from this list onto the main toolbar of MAX.
Note that although the long format description is shown for menus and quads - the nicer 'short name' title only will actually be used when the menus are actually pulled down - etc...(which is good :) )