The tools are designed to speed up various tasks in different workflows.
They are aimed at Game-asset production and Visualisation. The compact version doesnt contain all INTools but its still a lot in there
Download the supplied .mzp file and drag n drop it into your max viewport or start it through the menu MAXScript/Run Script.
After doing that Restart max and you should be good to go
How to find it:
What the letters mean:
The tools are loosely categoryzed into:
- B - Bitmap/Texture/Material related
- M - Mesh/Topology/Object/Node related
- V - Various other stuff
What the tools are:
- B Cry-Mtl Export - Exports Standard Materials to CryEngine² format.
- B Mixer - Mixes a user defined number of images horizontally or vertically giving each image equal space.
- B Proportionizer - Fits a planar UVMap mod onto a plane based on it's diffuseTexture's aspectRatio.
- B Screen Shooter - Makes screenshots of a viewport in a Render Element fashion.
- EffectMapper 3 - Gives you the possibility to create Displacement, Normal and AmbientOcclusion-maps from Diffuse or Heightmap-Textures, also allows you to bake the same maps from a High to a Low-poly Object.
- M Breaker - Breaks up meshes with random patterns for use in the reactor engine inside 3DsMax or export to Game-Engines.
- M Cleaner 2 - Reduces the faceCount of objects not by a percentage but by surfaceAngles (Detail) wich is great for quickly creating LODs or reducing a mesh for a Game Engine.
- M Copy 2 Vert - Copys objects to other object's verts.
- M Link 2 Vert - Links objects to other object's verts.
- M Renamer - Renames collections or chains based on given patterns.
- M Shelf - Stores/restores transformations of a collection similar to the maya shelf tool.
- M UV 2 Mesh - Converts your object(s)'s UV-Map to an Editable Poly or Mesh, also supports the creation of a "Bakingplane" to enable a faster workflow for planar highPoly modeling.
- V Auto Loader - Creates/Manages Max autostart scripts.
- V CPU Control - Lets you change Max's CPU priority.
- V Time Clock - Keeps track of tasks and the time these took.
if you'd like your language version of max to be supported in the next update do the following:
execute this code:
( mnMenu = menuMan.getMainMenuBar() for i = 1 to 10 do ( print(((mnMenu .getItem i).getSubMenu()).getTitle()) ) )
paste in a comment here what it prints and wich one is the "Tools" menu item.
The new compact setup thing is fairly new so i expect some bugs to still pop up, feel free to report if you find something off or have improvement suggestions.
Documentation is also still on the toDo list, for now trial and error will have to do ;)
have phun & create
01.07.10 - Added the first pics to show what each tool does