morphMap is a tool to map low-res objects (as those used in video games). Works on meshes and polys. Now It's a multi-select tool: you can select several objects at the same time or you can select severals groups of faces of the same object.
The interface is left/right dockable.
There are 3 main modules :
+ the function 'morphMap' : the picture follows the mapped surface in one click. (The uvs will be like a square)
+ the function 'Face Map' : an advanced face mapping. The number of points in the face have no importance: that does work with all faces.
+ a set of functions to transform the mapping coordinates.
morphMap' creates mapping coordinates on a nonrectangular surface as you could make it by hand.
These coordinates are completely between 0 and 1. The UVs are deformed to fill all the space UV.
See the complete explanation on my website :
1- Select the element to map (object or faces selection).
2 - When it's done click 'morphMap' or 'Face Map'.
If you encounter bugs or problems that I am not aware of - please send me yours comments.
Any suggestions are welcome.
Installation of the macroscript:
1. Click the MAXScript item in the Main Menu - select Run Script...
2. Locate and select the script and press Open
3. Go to Customize > Customize User Interface and select the desired Tab (Keyboard - Toolbars - Quad or menu)
4. Locate the category 'UVWtoolBox' under group 'Main UI'
5. Search in the category for the name 'morphMap'
6. Drag the script to the toolbar - Menu - QuadMenu or assign to a Shortcut