Red&Cyan Octane Tools
What do they do?
- Create free Octane cam:
Obviously creates a free octane cam. You can decide wether you want to use a focus plane or not.
the focus plane affects the focal depth and vice versa.
- Create octane cam from view:
Works exactly as the usual "create camera from view".
You can also add a focus plane, wich is linked to the focalDepth.
- Replace with octane cam:
Select the camera/s that you want to replace and run the script. for each selected camera an octane cam will be created.
They get linked to the original standard cameras, also the transform axis get locked to prevent unintentional moving.
This way you can keep on animating the standard camera and render through the octancecam.
The FoV also gets wired to the standard camera's FoV (matches as close as possible, not always perfect match)
1. Close 3ds max
2. Unzip the archive to your 3ds max root directory. (Or unzip and move it there)
3. Restart 3ds max.
4. Go to Customize -> customize user interface -> Toolbars -> category: Red and Cyan -> Drag the scripts to your toolbars
Only tested with 3ds max 2014 x64
Use at your own risk.
We dont provide any support.
- when you delete a free octane camera with focus plane make sure to delete the focus plane first or both at the same time, otherwise it will prompt an error.
- The Viewport representation of the camera cone is buggy, wich is due to the octane camera and the way it is usually used (targeted). Means that the cone gets bigger, the further you move the camera away from the origin.