Hey guys. I just wanted to post on here a thread which I started on cgtalk where I document the progress of building a pipe generator maxscript tool. I'd love to get some feedback and even some help on optimization of the code from the community. I'm hoping you guys here at scriptspot can help me out along with the guys on cgtalk. For some reason most of the people on cgtalk seem a bit hesitant or shy to comment. I know you guys here aren't though. So here is the link to the video and here is the working and in progress script.
I'm aware of a few redundant bits of code as far as optimization goes. So if anyone feels like helping me optimize where possible a good place to start would be to condense these three functions into one....
They are all very similar and simple.
Aside from that I've added the controls for building custom rig templates as well as layer managing and point helper size controls. Check out the video and see it in action.
Everything works so far. I have yet to add the collision detection. It's getting there.
Before running the code unzip the attached file and place the JokerMartini folder in the local Max Scripts directory folder, otherwise just comment out the icon images in the script below.
Upon improvements made on the script I'll be updating it here for users to easily grab the latest one. You'll find it below under the downloads section.
|Demo Image 02||198.66 KB|
|Demo Image 01||197.95 KB|