PolyDens Viewer is a script that provides a quick and easy way to visually determine what objects in your scene have the heighest polycount compared to their surface area is.
-- How does it work:
PolyDens Viewer simply colors the wireframe of the meshes in your scene with a color that spans a gradient from RED to BLUE.
The more RED a mesh's wire becomes represents a heigher polygon per surface area that object has.
The same is true for the more BLUE a object's wire becomes but this the it means you have a lower polygon per surface area.
-- How to use:
- The RECOMPUTE button is your main button, this allows you to recalculate the wire colors for the scene.
- The RECOMPUTE SEL button colors the wire but only for selected objects.
*(the red to blue gradient for the wire will span throughout the selected objects only, all other objects will retain the last assigned wire color)
- The PICK button allows you to select a mesh as a BASE for a polygon density.
This object will be colored BLACK on the next Recompute and all objects with a lower polygon density will be gradually more BLUE
and all objects with a heigher polygon density will be more RED.
- Use ACTIVATE and set a value for the number of objects you want to select from the scene which have the top heighest polygon density in the scene.
You can select these objects by pressing RECOMPUTE.
* Make sure you have an Editable Mesh or an Editable Poly for which you want to use the script. Primitives will not work.
* It was tested on 3DS Max 2011 x64, 3DS Max 2012 x64 and 3DS Max 2013 x64 . There's no reason why it shouldn't work on other versions.
* IF YOU HAVE A HEAVY SCENE OR A LOT OF OBJECTS THE SCRIPT WILL TAKE SOME TIME TO COMPUTE THE RESULT SO PLEASE BE PATIENT, IT WILL FINISH :)
* ENJOY :)