Here is my first script I am shareing with you. I was always wandering why max when applying lots of modifiers and collapsing them produces mesh with some various errors. Then I found out the way for fixing some of them using the simpliest method you can imagine. Just create simple box object, convert it into polygonal mesh, attach your object with errors to the box and delete the subobject representing old box. That's it. Very easy ,very handy but requires few steps what is time consuming of course. And now its a time for resetState 1.00 to do its job.
How does it work?
Here is an instruction (step by step):
1. Script creates box where the selected object's pivot point is located
2. Converts the box into polygonal mesh
3. attaches selected object to created box
4. Removes 6 polygons of the box we dont need
5. Moves the pivot point to the center of new object
How to install?
1. Copy to: max root folder/Scripts
2. Run resetState_1.0.ms or drag and drop into max viewport
3. Find it in Customize User Interface -> Toolbars -> Category(AxadiuScripts)
4. Also if needed create hotkey in Customize User Interface -> Keyboard -> Category(AxadiuScripts)
Max version required:
Tested only on 2009x64
Hope you'll also find it useful :)
email: [email protected]