Select Active Camera
Simply selects the active camera from the current viewport (even if cameras / layer is hidden). If you've ever been frustrated because you're working full screen looking through the camera lens then need to change something about your camera, this script is for you. In that case you just run the script and bam you're able to edit camera properties in the stack or adjust keys in the time slider all with a single keystroke instead of having to hunt around in the select by name dialog...
Assign a keyboard shortcut / right click menu then activate when in a camera view - voila, camera selected.
1. Click Maxscript / Run Script and choose this file from wherever you saved it (probably your desktop)
1a. It will seem like nothing happened but that's exactly what it should do, you now need to assign a shortcut to it
2. Click Customize / Customize User Interface / Keyboard (tab)
3. Change the Category to "CG_Tools"
4. Click "Select Active Camera" and change its Hotkey to something, maybe Alt+C .Click Assign
5. Click Save and save your custom UI settings to a file, do yourself a favor and don't use the default.
6. That's it. Switch your viewport to a camera view, then press your hotkey and voila your camera will be selected.