This little script, allows to simulate the Global Illumination outside.
Simply, a light sphere is created about to an object selected to simulate the bounce of the ray in the object.
Used for a little job, it was very useful to preview some short animations in "Virtual GI" using the render Scanline engine with very short times for the rendering! Optimum to illuminate integer scenes outdoor with a hot and suffused light.
Normal procedure installation for MacroScript.
In Max, run macroscript "Virtual_GIv02".
Go to Custumize > Custumize User Interface.. > Menu
Under Category, find "M71_Tools".
Create new menu in list "Menus" and Drag and Drop the new menu in the "Main Menu Bar". Drag and drop "Virtual_Gi_v02" in new menu.
1) Use "Select Object" for selected object to light up
2) With "Create Previev Sphere", we create one sphere reference for the light.
use "N_Vertex Lights" for determine the number of the lights based on the number of the Vertex of the sphere and "Scale Sphere" for the radius.
3)Press "Create Sky Lights" for create the light. Warning! This's action destroy the sphere reference.
4) In Listbox "Quick Select/Setting LS" you can Select the light and with doubleclick open the float rollout "Quick Setting Sky Light" for adjust more parameters of the light. This rollout is a reduced version of the "Parameters" tab light.
If you want simulate the sun, use "Create Orbital Sun"
1) Select all object in the scene with "Select All obj in the scene" button
2) Press "Create Orbital Sun" for create un virtual Sun with orbital reference.
With the spinner "Virtual hours", "Scale Orbital %" and "Angle orbital", you can take "hours", radius and rotation angle of the orbital reference.
"Angle orbital", simulate the Seasons of the year depending on the angle rotation.
3) Pre "QS" button for open the float rollout "Quick Setting Virtual Sun". This rollout is a reduced version of the "Parameters" tab light.
This is all!
This script is actually the my second attempt to write a script. I me until approached by little in the world of MaxScript and hope what this little work useful you and me and Excuse me for my very bad English
...Use, modify destroy the script, but inform me about the changes! :) :)