WhatsMyName renames objects by picking a name from a list. You can create these lists (dictionaries) yourself and share them with teammembers.
You can create your own dictionaries and edit them. Assign new words, assign colors and more options are available. Check out the blog for more info and tutorials.
- improved compatibility with max 2011 and max 2010
- some gui improvements
- helped by Branko Živković
- studio setup: centralize your library for use with multiple people
- capture words from the current scene: drag&drop objectnames in the scene directly into your library
- gui: find the word you need from the list by typing the first few characters
- dialog remembers location
- multiple libraries supported
- drag drop to manage words
- improved gui
- multi-word input
Install the script by dragging the mzp-file into your viewport, or by running it from the maxscript menu. After that you can link the script to a keyboard shortcut or by creating a button on a toolbar. You can find the script under the "Klaas tools" category.