xNormal remote control
With script acts as a remote control for xNormal from 3ds Max. You can bake a a maps from models in Max with xNormal without leaving the program.
Currently this script does not support all options of xNormal, but you can bake the most important maps. The script will copy the generated maps into the same folder where your current Max file is located.
- Copy the files into your Maxscript-startup folder
- change line 54 to the path of your xNormal installation
- restart Max
- you can find the script in "Customize User Interface" under "Candygun / xNormal"
- Select your lowpoly model
- Apply a "projection" modifier and assign the highpoly mesh
- select options in the script's window
- hit "bake"