Alpha Stage over, Commercial and Time-Trial will come shortly
The Frowser is a project i've been developing for private use originally but with version 2 and the addition of new features i decidet to release it as freeware. On the left side of the UI you can see a dotNet Treeview used for the directory browser, it lists all HDDs of the PC under the Drives node and allows for fully functional browsing (its not using deepSearches but increments deeper into the structure as you expand/select nodes), you can also add/remove Favorite folders to/from the Treeview from the rightClick-menu, the same goes for Favorite Files.
On the right side you see a dotNet listview displaying the files contained in the currently selected directory. When you rightClick a file an allways new and custom rightClick-menu is created wich includes windows-level file operations as well as max-level ones. MaxFiles for example you can Merge into the current scene, Load in the currently opened instance of max, Open in a new instance of max, ect. BitMaps you can view in Max, Copy to Clipboard, View in their Default App, Assign to a chosen slot of the material currently selected in the material editor and more. MaxScript files you can Run, Edit, Encrypt, ect and of course all max files supported by max import plugins can be imported froim the rightclick menues. The thumbnails in the listview are possible thanks to lonerobot
Every supported fileType has a custom rightclickMenu depending on the type and what you can do with it. For the first example its a maxscript file wich you can run, edit or encrypt.
This release is not yet finished in terms of overal functionality but stable and ready for larger scale testing, so feel free to leave feedback and crits in the comments section. If you have ideas for future features, those are welcome too.
- fixed the part where it would sometimes ignore folders starting with certain characters
- windows doesnt have to be on C:\ anymore
- better navigation added (can be navigated with keyboard too now)
- added onlineBrowser
- fixed some small bugs
- changed visual appreareance
- streamlined UI creation code
- added file copy/move handlers
- slightly changed resize behavior for mini-UI
- updated copy/move & paste functionality
- added import of maxFiles as xRef Objects and scenes
- added direct bitmap2material assignment for object selection
- .bmp .jpg .gif .png .tga .tif .dds .psd .hdr .cin .cws .exr .fxr .pic .ifl .jpe .jpeg .rgb .rgba .sgi .int .inta .bw .rla .rpf .vda .icb .vst .yuv
- .fbx .3ds .dwg .obj .dae .prj .ai .dem .xml .ddf .dxf .flt .htr .ige .igs .iges .ipt .wire .iam .ls .vw .lp .sat .shp .skp .stl .trc .xml ...
- .ms .mse
now most importantly, get to your files, fast